Sunday, August 30, 2009

When No Plans Lead to the Best Days

I plan things out for a living. I make sure tasks are well defined, assigned, given due dates and then work hard to push to make commitments. I do that with my free time too because I like doing so many different things, I have to make sure they all fit together.

I read a book once that recommended "relinquish control and let the magic happen". This is somewhat against my nature but I do have moments where I can "go with the flow".

Every now and again, I leave days open: days when I have no plan. I LOVE it when those days just play out wonderfully!

Despite a forecast of rain, it turned out to be a beautiful day. I spent time just being by myself, getting a new do with highlights, enjoying my family, dancing on the beach, getting to know some people better, dancing with city lights in the background and eating yummy pizza with fun company.

All in all - quite an enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment