Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Starting the Week Right

Monday's are usually days to dread.

I love Mondays! I get to end the day dancing :D

Today was a bonus Monday. I woke up to a mystical, magical morning of fog rolling in from the bay. The blanket of mist made its way up the hill and covered the roads in front of my building. It was like waking up to clouds.

When I made it to work, I got to see the same blanket over the cityscape instead. It was fascinating to watch the fog make its way across the tops of building to the highway.

I had a productive day, checked off my list at work and managed to squeeze in time to socialize as well. Good times!

Dancing on Monday nights, practica at Halo. I am now at the point in my dancing where I know more people and am not just dancing anymore. Getting to know my fellow follows and the leads I dance with is just as fun as the dancing that I love so much.

I have taken to heart what I learned about the joy in dancing and letting the music tell me what to do. I can now dance with my lead and as I follow, allow the music to guide me and make the dance a fun and flirty interaction. Bonus points when the energy between us matches the energy of the music and its contagious. Ah! Those dances are the best - doesn't matter if there were missed leads or moves - that energy is euphoric for me.

I am always humbled by the compliments I get. It is enough for me to know that the people I dance with have enjoyed dancing with me. When I get comments from fellow dancers that see me dance, it always takes me by surprise and I am thankful. I feel like I still have a lot to learn but at least the joy that I experience is manifested in my movement - one can never go wrong when you love what you do and it brings you joy.

This is what I get to do every Monday night - lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment